Do your patients need more support?
Are you frustrated that you don’t have enough time to support and educate your patients more closely on healthy habits and behavior change?
Are your patients frustrated because they need more hand-holding and accountability than you have time to give?
As a doctor, your time is a premium. In your patient encounters, you may only have time to make recommendations and outline a plan … but some of your patients need close support and assistance in actually implementing that plan.
That’s exactly where I come in!
As a health coach, my job is to coach your patients through the lifestyle changes needed to lose weight, implement an exercise regime, improve their sleep, manage stress, and manage hormonal changes occurring during each stage of her life.
I can help your patients ensure they understand the care plan you created for them. I work closely with them, to implement the complex lifestyle changes that are often required to make significant improvements in their health.
I can help your patients achieve their health goals.
Why work with a health coach?
- You can improved health outcomes for your patients.
- You can rest assured that your recommendations are being communicated in a way that your patients can understand and adhere to.
- You’ll be empowering your patients to improve their own health through lifestyle change.
- You can increase your available time and satisfaction, knowing that the education and coaching component of your patients’ wellness strategy has been taken care of.
- You can outsource the time-consuming tasks of patient support, motivation, and education.
- You can increase the revenue potential for your clinical practice by adding health coaching services.
Research shows that patient outcomes improve
with health coaching.
In fact, the American Medical Association has this to say:
Health coaching is a team-based approach that helps patients gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to become active participants in their care. The old saying, “Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime” demonstrates the difference between rescuing a patient and coaching a patient. Patients with chronic conditions need to learn how to fish. Health coaching can be supplemented with health literacy strategies and effective communication techniques, such as ask-tell-ask, teach-back and/or action planning to ensure patient comprehension of their care plans and help them achieve their goals.SOURCE: https://www.stepsforward.org/modules/health-coaching
How do patients work with me?
- I work one-to-one with your patients and offer group visits, using video conferencing and telehealth technology to coach them on healthy lifestyle changes, so they can overcome any barriers standing in their way.
- I help guide your patients through the overall plan you have recommended, and work with them to create detailed, step-by-step action plans.
- I meet with your patients on a regular basis to provide accountability and constant support.
- My sessions with your patients are between 20-60 minutes in length, providing ample time for personalized attention and support.
- I help each of your patients create individualized health goals, tailored to fit with their lifestyles, challenges, and needs.
- I help your patients achieve their health goals, so they can return to you, their physician, with improved markers (ie., lowered blood sugar levels, improved blood pressure readings…better gut health, improved hormone levels, better thyroid and adrenal function.)
- I can also implement health education and health coaching services within your medical practice which includes group visits, group programs and one-to-one coaching as added revenue models for your practice.
Who is a good candidate for health coaching services?
I typically work with people who are:
- trying to navigate cardio-metabolic issues, gut health issues, hormone imbalances such as thyroid or adrenal dysfunction, PCOS, peri-menopause, menopause, and chronic illness.
- struggling to lose weight or experiencing unexplained weight gain.
- suffering from poor sleep, fatigue, or find it challenging to resolve the many contributors to hormone imbalance and chronic illness while juggling the demands of their busy and stressful lifestyle.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated to follow your treatment plans and make changes to their lifestyle, but needs guidance and support to implement healthy changes.
Interested in expanding your clinical practice revenue model by offering your patients health coaching services?
Learn how to expand your clinical practice revenue model by adding functional medicine health coaching services to your practice.
If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.